Monday, March 31, 2014

Poem: Wanderer

Wanderer
3-31-14
By: Jessica Cole Robinson


 A thirst I cannot
Quench
Stumbling repeatedly
To you
A beggar in the
Desert
Your hand does not
Extend
You give what was once mine
To him
Shriveling up further
I cannot so much as
Swallow
The harsh realities to
Ponder
For me your heart is
Hollow
I turn in circles
In this land
Of dry and bone
Looking for the everlasting water
To bring me into my own
Each time I return to
You
You look so good in the day’s sun
I think you’ll bring refreshment
To my skin
And yet again
You have not for me
Some
How can it be
That you’re the only one here
In this hot as hell land
I beg you, I beg you,
Please extend out your hand
My savior in this bright, beating light
For me you have nothing to give
And life does not abound
Why, oh why, then must you be
The only one
In these circles that I live?!
Returning to you
In my merry-go-round of sickness
Lips parched dry
A heavenly excitement
Pours in
I’m not going to die
With your sweet smile
And kind eyes
I think THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT!
But the water goes
To the other guy
I kneel to the ground and grit

I am bound by life
A purgatory of my own
To simply keep repeating the same
Cycles
In this dry ground
My love has grown
To see you is a moment of
Relief
An excitement to be sure
But when I realize
You have no water for me
I continue to wander
Thirsty


No comments:

Post a Comment